Thursday, February 28, 2013

Just Ask Madison!


I would like to share an experience that I found both funny and very encouraging.

When I first met Madison she was 10 years old.  She is a very intelligent and caring child, truly a delight to know.  She came to my office because she suffered from constant abdominal pain, constipation, (the last time she had a bowel movement was a week prior), as well as she was always tired.  Being always tired at 10 years old is definitely not fair!  I explained the importance of eating good healthy fiber from food to her and her mother, i.e. fruits, vegetables and whole grains as well as drinking water regularly. After the second colonic her bowels were eliminating daily but it was evident that we were not quite finished since she still had plenty of gas, a sign of old putrefied waste.  A few more colonics and she were feeling excellent, both with her abdomen and her energy.  It was wonderful to watch her already sparkling personality really come alive!  Typically, after we reach this point I recommend for a future follow-up colonic since it is not uncommon for the colon to try to go back to old bad habits and in this way the colonic will help encourage healthy peristalsis to continue.  She was scheduled for a 2-month follow-up.  During this two month time period her mother, Tracy, decided to see me.  She had suffered for years with IBS, (irritable bowel syndrome).  We had made some good progress with Tracy during this time and she had considerable relief.  

For quite awhile Madison had planned a weeklong trip across country with her girls scout troop.  Her mother was one of the chaperones.  One can only imagine the kinds of food that would be eaten on such a trip.  As coincidence would have it though, Madison’s two-month follow-up colonic with me was just two days after they returned.  As Madison and her mother walked in my office I heard quite a bit of commotion.  Tracy was begging her daughter for her appointment.  Madison’s firm reply was, “No way mom, I’m keeping my appointment, you make your own.”  And so Madison had her colonic. 

Many people would think that having a colonic would be horrible, obnoxious, embarrassing, and probably many other things.  Well I think this story dispels all of that.  Just ask Madison!  

No comments:

Post a Comment